- Healthy Parks Health People- Extension and Parks and Recreation are having an event on March 12th, 5:00pm- 6:30pm and we would love for you to attend!!! The event is an Open House at Edith Brown Ford to celebrate National Nutrition Month. The theme is Healthy Parks Healthy People. Our goal is to increase awareness of programs that support healthy lifestyles. Click here for a flyer.
- Small Steps to Health and Wealth Online Challenge-Got New Year's Resolutions to improve your health and/or personal finances? For example, losing weight, increased physical activity, reducing debt, or saving Money? Cooperative Extensions program has free resources to motivate you to achieve your personal self- improvement goals. To register for the challenge Click here or visit "SSHW Online Individual Challenge" at http://njaes/rutgers.edu/sshw/
- Eating Smart Being Active- This program is offered to people with young children or expectant mothers who want to make healthy, low-cost meals for their families. This program is free for qualifying families. Wednesdays, 2:00 PM- 3:00 PM, January 8th- February 26th. Call Natasha 904-255-7450 to register.
Food, Nutrition and Health
- Reduce risk of lifestyle-related diseases.
- Learn safe food handling and preservation techniques.
- Evaluate nutrition information.
- Select a nutritious diet at home or away.
- Save money on food.
- Targeted Program
The following certifications are available on site or at the Extension Office
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) assists limited-resource families and youth in improving their total family diet and nutritional welfare.
Job sites, churches, health fairs, social clubs, garden clubs, business clubs, greek organizations , senior citizens groups.
- Cooking Healthy on a Budget
- Food Safety
- Get Healthy Together
- Understanding Food Labels
Click the picture to order the cookbook.